SHYZISM

delusional rantings of an anti-Singaporean Singaporean

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Multitasking

Finally, I've finally got a taste of what it's like to be able to multi-task in the corporate world. The defination of multi-task? The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. But what it really means is the ability to handle multiple tasks, simultaneously, and complete it within the time frame given for ONE task. For the past 4 days, I've been multi-tasking. Starting off on monday with a simple enough task - Draw 2 elevations. No big deal that it was in A0 size and I had to measure off manually. 2 elevations of a factory mind you! So as if that wouldn't keep me busy enough, I was told to put that task on hold and concentrate on editing plans for Mimosa Terrace. That's a landed housing development our company was doing at Saraca Rd. So now I had what, 2 HUGE elevations and 30+ pieces of editing. Nevermind... halfway through Mimosa Terrace, I was told to put THAT on hold. Now I had to rush a foreign project in Wang Jing, China, cos they wanted to submit it by the end of the day. So I was rushing away on editing the Wang Jing plans. Ok, with Wang Jing done, I went back to Mimosa Terrace. Oh yeah did I mention that Mimosa Terrace consisted of several phases? Yeah, I was rushing phase 6. Then I was told to stop AGAIN and this time, I was to work on phase 4. Ok, so now I had 60 (yeah no kidding) plans/sections/ elevations/ details to edit. And yeah, half of them were MANUAL DRAWINGS. Now I know what its like to do manual drawing... -_-
OMG imagine the erasing, using a blade to scrape off the ink. Arrrgh... Nevertheless, I somehow MANAGED to somplete it all by today. Haha! Feels damn SHIOK!

Orchard Rd's filled with celebs. Just the other day, saw Kui Jien and Rosalind Pho together. Err... Rosalind was dressed in a... like... I don't know a better term to describe that kinda dressing, so forgive me if you find it offensive. She dressed like... a slut. Ok, thats that.

I got my elective! Film and Narrative. That's probably the closest I'll ever get to doing what I've ACTUALLY wanted to do in Poly. Yeah... Archi wasn't my 1st choice, Media and Comm was. Ah well... You can't have everything.

Was watching a documentary on the Vatican yesterday. That place is so serene, so peaceful. I would love to go there. The whole place just screams majesty. It evokes a sense of peacefulness. Never before have a seen a community so rich in their believes. And yeah, I miss John Paul II.

Here's a good read. That is, if you're a freak like me and love Singapore history. Haha. It's entitled "One More Story To Tell".

As mentioned above, I'm a weirdo. What section do you visit when you get to the library? Comics section? Fiction/ non-fiction section? Horror? Err... Dan Brown? (By the way the Catholic church is totally against Dan Brown and his Da Vinci Code. I haven't read it myself although I would like to. Someone please shed some light on it.) Anyways, I feel the section most people overlook is this - Singapore Collection. I don't know why, but it just entices me. Every single time. I just gotta go to that section. Needless to say, I neglect the rest. Haha. Oh well, except probably the comics section =D

5 more days to go before the end of ITP and the beginning of a new school term. I can't wait for my attachment to end, then again, I feel kinda sad leaving that place. I guess I've just gotten too attached to the wonderful people there.

p.s. I've got free tix for Star Wars for 21st May 4.15 pm. Anyone interested?

shyz-0-logy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home