SHYZISM

delusional rantings of an anti-Singaporean Singaporean

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Smile, and the world smiles with you.

I don't know who came up with this theory, but you've gotta admit that it makes sense. Now, inverse that theory. Frown, and does the world frown with you? Puh-lease... get a life, who cares!? The only reason people smile these days is because they are happy. And when they are happy, they assume people around them are happy as well. Nothing wrong with that, afterall, its hard to refute that happiness is contagious. But when one gets angry, do they assume people around them are angry as well? Do they take into account the fact that despite their unhappiness, there are still people out there who wants to be happy, who wants to smile. Has it occur to them how sick it feels when your day is spoilt thanks to them. And have they ever wondered, how disgusting it feels to put up with that all the time.

Lets be very fair, I would say I'm a very accomodating person. I seldom, and I mean seldom ever lose my temper. Its a strange characteristic I've developed since my secondary school days. I wouldn't say its a good quality, in fact, sometimes I couldn't but see it as a weakness. Why? Human nature is such that if one is too nice to you, you take advantage of it. Thats all fine by me. I like seeing people happy, and sometimes, I go outta my way just to make people happy, all for that simple reason - I despise unhappiness. I joke, I make a full outta myself, I do almost anything people asks me to do, and I can't recall the last time I actually turned down anyone that came to me for help. Now, that seems to be the problem. Am I too nice? Why am I keeping all my pent up frustrations within me? Is it worth it. I know for a fact that it's not. when a balloon gets overloaded with air, it explodes. Same concept. One day, I'm just gonna blow. It's not gonna be pretty, and it damn sure ain't gonna be nice. I just don't want any of you to fall victim when that happens. I lost it once before, and I know how strong I could be when I lose it. I realise that this entry is written on impulse. I probably wouldn't understand why I felt so strongly about this when I next read this. But hell, if ever I'm silent, deathly silent. Keep your distance. I'm still learning how to control and surpress, and ultimately, I just want to see your smile.

Anger kills, stay away from it.
Let happiness be your ecstasy, cos I so badly want it as mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home