Reinstatement.
And so I realized I've been neglecting this blog site. No matter, it was probably better that I laid off this during my time in the army. What would you expect, me to bore you with details of what you'd already know from other random people who've been through it?
Here's the gist of every army story ever told.
My time was hard. Unearthly superiors that imposed inhumane physicality.
Yada yada yada.
It ends off with "yours could never be as tough as mine."
Period.
Speaking of which, I really cannot get over the fact that a recruit died during a 2km walk. I'm not being callous or anything, but seriously, is the future of Singapore going to degenerate into a society of computer nerds who can't come unglued of their puny little playstations, xboxes or whatever? A community once strong and able has been overwhelmed by a new generation of (male) citizens that cannot withstand a little harshness.
Makes you wonder the Singapore you'd be in 20 years from now.
And the kind of people you have defending it.
Away from the military. As you might have already noticed, the focus of this blog site has been shifted away from the boring details of my life, to a more focused discussion (or rather, my point of view) on random topics that pops into my mind.
For starters, food court prices are really getting to be a pain now aren't they?
I doubt I'd be setting foot into another food court any time soon. Either I eat cheap in a hawker centre, or I shell out a little more and treat myself to a good restaurant meal. And since when did a can of soda cost you $1.60? Ridiculous.
I'm sure you'd have your opinions and thoughts too, to each its own.
Flame me, blame me, criticize me.
Doesn't matter. We're all only human.
No?
'The box in which we're held in is getting too tight, time to step outside.'
And so I realized I've been neglecting this blog site. No matter, it was probably better that I laid off this during my time in the army. What would you expect, me to bore you with details of what you'd already know from other random people who've been through it?
Here's the gist of every army story ever told.
My time was hard. Unearthly superiors that imposed inhumane physicality.
Yada yada yada.
It ends off with "yours could never be as tough as mine."
Period.
Speaking of which, I really cannot get over the fact that a recruit died during a 2km walk. I'm not being callous or anything, but seriously, is the future of Singapore going to degenerate into a society of computer nerds who can't come unglued of their puny little playstations, xboxes or whatever? A community once strong and able has been overwhelmed by a new generation of (male) citizens that cannot withstand a little harshness.
Makes you wonder the Singapore you'd be in 20 years from now.
And the kind of people you have defending it.
Away from the military. As you might have already noticed, the focus of this blog site has been shifted away from the boring details of my life, to a more focused discussion (or rather, my point of view) on random topics that pops into my mind.
For starters, food court prices are really getting to be a pain now aren't they?
I doubt I'd be setting foot into another food court any time soon. Either I eat cheap in a hawker centre, or I shell out a little more and treat myself to a good restaurant meal. And since when did a can of soda cost you $1.60? Ridiculous.
I'm sure you'd have your opinions and thoughts too, to each its own.
Flame me, blame me, criticize me.
Doesn't matter. We're all only human.
No?
'The box in which we're held in is getting too tight, time to step outside.'

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home