X Box - Raw 2.
Ok so I admit, wrestling just makes up a major part of my life. Yeah, those corny, greasy, half naked men (and sometimes women) that goes on national TV week in and week out actually gets my adrenaline pumping. Sure, they're all "fake" you say. But what is your basis of fake? Could your arguement be "hey, no one really got hurt, they're just putting on a big act."? Or maybe it's "Aw those stories are crap. They're probably taught how to fall off ladders, take chair shots. Hell, I bet the chairs aren't even real anyway!"? Well, wrestling can't get anymore real than this. Some facts you probably not know about the business.
1) They're differentiated into groups known as the faces (good guys), and the heels (bad guys).
2) Wrestlers are not allowed to break kayfabe, which is the wrestler's code - pretty much similar to the magician's code, where under no circumstances are they allowed to reveal the secrets of their trade.
3) All chairshots/foreign objects shots are real. Wrestlers really take the knocks. What they're thought to do however, is to take the knocks at "specific" parts of the body, so they can "spread" out the impact of the shot.
4) Wrestlers REALLY bleed. They bleed either due to an angle (storyline), in which they actually blade themselves, OR, they're really busted open.
5) Storylines can be planned, or it could happen "shoot", which means for real.
6) The Montreal Screwjob involving Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Earl Hebner and Vince McMahon was shoot.
7) Wrestlers DO NOT memorise a script for their match, it is up to them to call the action play-by-play in the ring, although certain angles (like the finishes or interferences) are planned.
8) When they fall, they fall for real. Owen Hart was supposed to descend from a platform suspended high above the ring but an accident happened and he fell to his death... on national TV.
9)Heels generally take more bumps than the faces.
10) The WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) have already aqquired main rivals WCW (World Championship Wrestling) and ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling) and their main rivals now are TNA (Total Non-stop Action) and Ring of Honour.
PS: Did you know that Singapore used to have a federation for wrestling? Haha, in fact, the only remaining active wrestler from Singapore Meghar Singh is participating in the Wrestling Extravaganza taking place at the Indoor Stadium soon. Attractions include wrestlers from the world over including famous ex-WWE superstars The Honky Tonk Man and the One Man Gang! Catch it!
Haaaa, and now that you know my morbid fascination with wrestling, I would just like to add that Raw 2 bby X Box was a blast. Haha. Went to PS to play it with Kevin and YK. Pretty easy to master. Well, smae can be said to PS2's Smackdown! franchise. Ohhhhhh!!! Smackdown! vs Raw is coming out on PS2, the graphics ROCK!
Speaking of graphics, Taxi was a blast! Haha. The car scenes were cool, and Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah just crack me up. A must watch. I'm still waiting for Shutter though, cos its THAI!!
I love Thailand. =D
Think I placed too much emphasis on wrestling for this post? Haaaa... I haven't even got started. LOL! Nah I shall not bore you with my facinations, cos not many people would wanna hear about wrestling anyways.
I'm so dying for a game of anything. Rugby? Touch? Badminton? Basketball? Soccer? Anyone??
shyz-0-logy
Ok so I admit, wrestling just makes up a major part of my life. Yeah, those corny, greasy, half naked men (and sometimes women) that goes on national TV week in and week out actually gets my adrenaline pumping. Sure, they're all "fake" you say. But what is your basis of fake? Could your arguement be "hey, no one really got hurt, they're just putting on a big act."? Or maybe it's "Aw those stories are crap. They're probably taught how to fall off ladders, take chair shots. Hell, I bet the chairs aren't even real anyway!"? Well, wrestling can't get anymore real than this. Some facts you probably not know about the business.
1) They're differentiated into groups known as the faces (good guys), and the heels (bad guys).
2) Wrestlers are not allowed to break kayfabe, which is the wrestler's code - pretty much similar to the magician's code, where under no circumstances are they allowed to reveal the secrets of their trade.
3) All chairshots/foreign objects shots are real. Wrestlers really take the knocks. What they're thought to do however, is to take the knocks at "specific" parts of the body, so they can "spread" out the impact of the shot.
4) Wrestlers REALLY bleed. They bleed either due to an angle (storyline), in which they actually blade themselves, OR, they're really busted open.
5) Storylines can be planned, or it could happen "shoot", which means for real.
6) The Montreal Screwjob involving Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Earl Hebner and Vince McMahon was shoot.
7) Wrestlers DO NOT memorise a script for their match, it is up to them to call the action play-by-play in the ring, although certain angles (like the finishes or interferences) are planned.
8) When they fall, they fall for real. Owen Hart was supposed to descend from a platform suspended high above the ring but an accident happened and he fell to his death... on national TV.
9)Heels generally take more bumps than the faces.
10) The WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) have already aqquired main rivals WCW (World Championship Wrestling) and ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling) and their main rivals now are TNA (Total Non-stop Action) and Ring of Honour.
PS: Did you know that Singapore used to have a federation for wrestling? Haha, in fact, the only remaining active wrestler from Singapore Meghar Singh is participating in the Wrestling Extravaganza taking place at the Indoor Stadium soon. Attractions include wrestlers from the world over including famous ex-WWE superstars The Honky Tonk Man and the One Man Gang! Catch it!
Haaaa, and now that you know my morbid fascination with wrestling, I would just like to add that Raw 2 bby X Box was a blast. Haha. Went to PS to play it with Kevin and YK. Pretty easy to master. Well, smae can be said to PS2's Smackdown! franchise. Ohhhhhh!!! Smackdown! vs Raw is coming out on PS2, the graphics ROCK!
Speaking of graphics, Taxi was a blast! Haha. The car scenes were cool, and Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah just crack me up. A must watch. I'm still waiting for Shutter though, cos its THAI!!
I love Thailand. =D
Think I placed too much emphasis on wrestling for this post? Haaaa... I haven't even got started. LOL! Nah I shall not bore you with my facinations, cos not many people would wanna hear about wrestling anyways.
I'm so dying for a game of anything. Rugby? Touch? Badminton? Basketball? Soccer? Anyone??
shyz-0-logy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home