SHYZISM

delusional rantings of an anti-Singaporean Singaporean

Thursday, August 4, 2005

This is crazy.

I'm actually taking time outta my already packed schedule just to ramble on a few musings of mine. This is nuts. Submission's tomorrow and I've got shitloads more to do. Ah what the heck, I guess one feels more alive when the odds are stacked against him. Hehe. What if I cannot finish my work on time? What if something screws up at the last moment? What if I've done something I shouldn't have done? What if?

Its actually quite amazing how this "what if" thing can do to us. I view it as a personal sense of creativity. I mean, one does create in his/her minds possible scenarios of "what ifs". It's creative how some can come up with the most imaginative, outrageous shit. And I meant that in a good way. It's like kiasu people. I think they're generally highly creative people cos MAN can they think! I suppose creativity is just a balance of positive and negative energies that needs to be harvested in the right way.

Anyways, I would now like to bitch (read: talk) about the use and understanding of the word "vice". As in Vice captain, vice president, vice asshole... Haha.I find the general concensus of a "vice" person is someone of 2nd highest ranking. Its like "ok, you're the vice captain, so whatever the captain says will completely and definitely overide whatever the hell you think." I find "vice" people equally instrumental inmaking an organization work. What would the president be without a vice president? I can almost picture it...

President: secretary, I'm going on an urgent business trip today. Please schedule all my appointments to the VP.

Secretary: But sir, you don't have a VP.

President: WHAT? How can I not have a VP? Everybody has a VP. Its the IN thing now! Even Ah Kow next door has a VP.

Secretary: Sir, you said you could manage perfectly well without one.

President: What the hell? Are you mocking me? This is unacceptable! Who's going to take care of the proceedings while I'm away? Who's going to endure my mindless and utterly boring ramblings? Who's gonna be my scapegoat when everything goes wrong and we go bust? Who's going to...

You get the idea.

Albeit a candid sketch, I think my point was put across. Life without a "vice" person would be in a word - miserable.

It's just like when I was in secondary school. I was the Drum major. What would I do without the Band major? We made decisions together and relied on each other. (even more so cos we had a fucking bitch for a teacher-in-charge) People ask me "who's bigger? Drum or band major?" My answer? "We're equal." What can I say, no internal power struggles in the year that we took charge. I'm not boasting, but then again, it definitely is something worth boasting about.

While we're at it. I'd like to talk about power struggles. It seems that everywhere we go, power struggles are inevitable. My experience with this stretches back to secondary school when I was in sec 3. Then committee members were always fighting with one another, somehow. It's like every band practice was a scripted drama or something. Of course, we as juniors have to suffer the repercussions. I hate being the middle man. It's a shame I don't talk much cos that's why people come to me to bitch. PRECISELY cos I don't talk much. Another example would be amongst the senior rugby players when I came into SP in year 1. I tell you... a complete eye opener. I just don't understand why people would crave power to such an extend. Does it make them feel good? High? Maybe they've got a weird fetish thingy going on. Who knows?

That's alot of shit coming from me today. The effects of pre-submission. It always occur on submission week. Whatever, y'all just gotta get used to it.

Till friday. (which is tomorrow. Getting lame...)

shyz-0-logy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home